1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I make my own opening plugin?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by DHua, Oct 6, 2007.

1. DHua

DHua Regular member

I was wondering if I could make my own opening plugin. I want it to show my name, which is Darryl, instead of that Sony logo when I turn on my PSP. It is like in the Black32 Theme, or Ultimate Black, where it shows the word resurrection. If possible, could I also combine it with a sound to? I want to use that PSP King opening plugin from the March Theme Pack from DL.QJ. It can be found HERE

How can I do that? If you want to, you could make it for me. If it makes it any easier, you could combine the PSP King sound with resurrection plugin instead of making my name but I really want my name if that isn't much trouble.

I have 3.40 oe CFW.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  2. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

my friend told me you can edit it with photoshop.

3. DHua

DHua Regular member

How? Do I just open the opening_plugin file with photoshop?

4. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

haha i got it to work...you need RCO editor to extract the files... then you will see the extracted files will have text on them. they are pictures and u edit them to say whatever u want. u edit that picture and then make it a rco again.

5. DHua

DHua Regular member

Could you do it for me? I found the rco editor in the march theme pack. I opened my opening plugin with it, and got multiple files. I just want the sony logo to say my name, Darryl, instead. Please and thank you. The March Theme Pack can be found here In the location, PSP March theme pack\Bootsounds\Custom Opening plugins\PSP King. I don't care about the font. What ever makes it easiest as possible to you.

I really want this.

6. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

i dunt have photoshop maybe someone else can do it.

7. DHua

DHua Regular member

YES! It worked. I was able to combine the resurrection logo with the PSP sound. Thanks a lot for your help.

I have another request though. Can someone make one that says and shows "Welcome Back Darryl". Darryl is pronounced the same way as Darrel. People always think its different. This is what should happen when I turn on my PSP. It should say, "Welcome Back Darryl" while showing "Welcome Back Darryl".

Thanks for whoever tries this request.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007