1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CAN I PLAY BURNED DVD GAMES WITH USB MOD

Discussion in 'PS2' started by killah13, Feb 24, 2004.

1. killah13

killah13 Member

I just got a DVD Burner for Christmas and was wondering should I get a Mod-Chip. This was the easiest installation. I was asking before I purchase it does it work with DVD ROM games.

2. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

if you use Swap Magic Boot Disk with the chip, it should boot backup DVD's no probz.

3. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

doesnt that defeat the purpose of a modchip?? why use swap magic and a chip.. the chip (if its a good chip should get your games to boot correctly) swap magic along with fliptop cover is just another way of playing back your back ups. unless you know someone that can install modchips properly i say you get it.. if you dont, dont try it yourself, you might wreck your ps2, safest way to go is with the swapmagic disks, the only thing about is that you have to swap the disks.

4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I think because (if I'm not incorrect) the USB mod allows you to eject the Swap Magic WITHOUT a flip top or slide card.

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

with the usb chip you can boot only cd's with dvdregion x... and if a ps2 is over the v6 it cant boot the regionx... so that would be quite usless... use swap magic dude... forget the usb chip it's crap anyway... and you STILL have to solder 1 wire into the ps2 if you dont know how to solder dont try that.. btw oner is wrong.. for the 1st time i might add... it WONT eject the game that only neo does...

6. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

wow Oner wrong?? someone pinch me

7. killah13

killah13 Member

THANKS ALOT,BUT HOW AM I GOING TO PUT A FLIP TOP COVER ON I CANT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS IF THEY WERE SIMPLE AS 123

8. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

they ARE 123... quite simple if you know how to use a screw driver... btw dont use caps k... might upset the mods...

9. killah13

killah13 Member

OKAY BUT CAN I USE THE USB MOD CHIP AND SWAP MAGIC DISK FOR BURNED DVD ROM GAMES. I DONT WANT TO RIP THESE GAMES. I HAVE A DVD BURNER JUST WANNA KNOW IF IT IS POSSIBLE. HOLLA BACK LATER ONE.

10. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Then I guess a member who has that setup was bs'ing the whole time??? I know that Neo worked with Swap Magic as I had one myself! Wow those where the days...I was lucky to boot a DVDR in under 35 seconds (before Swap Magic) with a double swap GS2 and Devil May Cry Demo disc LOL!

11. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

yeah neo was cool and then they came up with neo4 man that was some chip... scary one aswell...

12. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

i got a neo2.2, its anyoing :p. but on my shitty V3 board, thats all that works on it. plus the guy who originally chiped my PS2 doesn't want to work with V3's anymore, due to some high failure rate on em, so im stuck with the neo till the end of time.