1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I play custom Guitar Hero 2 songs using HD Advance?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by loki21, Jul 4, 2007.

1. loki21

loki21 Member

I've been looking everywhere for an answer but I can't get one. Please help.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5925

This is a 77-page thread and I can't find the part where they talk about HD Advance on there, but I have heard that I could run these custom tracks from HD Advance. Please help me put the songs in my hard drive. Thanks!

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Do you simply want to play the GH2 music on your HDD like how you use winamp to play music on your computer or you asking how to make a custom GH2 game where you have songs edited to your preference/liking? If you want to play GH2 music or any songs for that matter on the IDE HDD you have, try finding a player. As for making a custom GH2 game with the songs you want, look through the stickies listed in the forums. They're quite easy to grasp and the people there are more than willing to help if you have questions during one of the steps.

3. loki21

loki21 Member

I want to play a custom GH2 game using my HD Advance.

Z3120, any chance you could point me to a link? I tried reading through all those posts but I can't find anyone talking about using HD Advance. Please help!

4. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

You mean something like this? What exactly are you having trouble with? Getting the custom GH ISO to work or using HD Advance in general?

Edit: You can check here for a list of working games.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  5. loki21

loki21 Member

Yes. I've been reading about making a GH game with custom songs and possibly running it off of the HDD using HD Advance.

6. loki21

loki21 Member

I am already using HD Advance 3.0 but I wanted to know if I could play a custom GH game using it.

7. loki21

loki21 Member

Ok, I guess I need a slide card. I was hoping I would be able to transfer the ISO to my HDD via the computer.

8. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Best thing is for you to try. I've heard of no problems getting GH2 to work on the HDD other than people have problems playing both their original Guitar Hero games and backups for some strange reason.

And you could transfer the ISO from your PC to the IDE HDD. Are you using Winhiip or trying to run HDL Dump?

9. loki21

loki21 Member

i've heard of winhiip and i'm planning to do some reading on it. which one is easier?

10. loki21

loki21 Member