1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I play NTSC games on a PAL PS3?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by rory2006r, Jun 27, 2007.

1. rory2006r

rory2006r Member

Hi, Does anyone know if I can play games from NTSC USA and JAPAN on a PAL(UK) PS3?

Many thanks in advance!

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Yes. All PS3 games are region free as far as i know.

3. liamrabey

liamrabey Regular member

The games are region free - but I belive your TV would need to be NTSC compatable.

4. rory2006r

rory2006r Member

Thanks for the quick answers! ^^
    my TV should be regional free, so... bit of luck, all will be well! ^^

I gotta get Resident Evil 5 when its out in Japan lol

5. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

don't play jap games - they'll make your XMB go jap i think

6. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

The game will work on UK PS3, but you will need a converter so it will fit your screen and display properly.

7. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

That is incorrect. Your system language will stay the same, it is only preset when your restore the settings and when you first turn it on.

8. sinky89

sinky89 Member

i have a question as well to do with this, i couldn't find any thing on the forum search. I have just bought fight night round in america and i have a uk ps3, now i research it before i bought knowing that it will work when i got home.
    My question being that will the online feature still work because it is ntsc?
    if someone could please help me out because if it does i will think about purchasing an other game!

9. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

I believe most games are region-locked for online play, meaning if you bought Fight Night Round 3 from the USA, it can only be played in North America (NTSC U/C). So you'll probably need a UK version of the game to play it online. Im not sure though, because on Rainbow Six Vegas, I've been playing with people from all over the world.

10. sinky89

sinky89 Member

i dont think that its locked to certain country's, u play people from all over the world. But the reason i ask this is because on the ps2 when trying to play ntsc online on a pal system it does nt work, but if the games are region free i have a feeling it will work. If anyone else nows please help out!

Currently researching look like it will work i not 100% sure yet though any input would be help full. thank in adavnce.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007