1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I play PAL?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by drizzamed, Jan 15, 2008.

1. drizzamed

drizzamed Member

Can PAL games be played on my American 360?

2. NewBart

NewBart Guest

no, only ntsc

3. drizzamed

drizzamed Member

Ok. Just checking. I knew with xecuter 2.6 installed on xbox 1, you could play pal games. I did not know that after you flashed your dvd drive in the 360 that it would still make a difference or not.

thanks for the info!

4. NewBart

NewBart Guest

yeah, know what you are saying, no problem man.

5. drizzamed

drizzamed Member

Without me having to research this... can you tell me if there is a 360 dashboard like evox?

I want to ftp into the 360 via crossover cable and back up my games that way instead of doing the disc swap. I don't know if using the software Gamecopy pro would work?

6. tronads

tronads Member

As far as I am aware, as long as the PAL game is multiregion ( mulleter will tell you if it is), it will work fine on an NTSC console. PAL games that are ticked Europe only will not. Flashing the 360 will make no difference to its regional capabilities.

Alternatively, you could get any PAL game working on your NTSC machine if you use the timing attack kernel downgrader, followed by the region changing method...but your heading into very technical territory there....and of course If you did it, you'd lose the ability to play NTSC (unless they were multiregion).

7. drizzamed

drizzamed Member

awesome... thanks for all the info.

Do you know of a tutorial on backing up games that does not involve just downloading them, cd swapping or buying a particular burner? I've searched everywhere.

I did read the topic on how to back games up by downloading them. I saw the upatched games and patched games info, which is not what I'm talking about.

This would be a rental situation and the game being in my 360. How to get that game from the 360 to my pc.

8. smoobies

smoobies Guest

Flashed or not flashed DVD. The only games played in PAL format have to be in your region, other wise says "Disk is not the same region" US and Japan is Region 1 I believe.You could check iso's region using Muller.

9. bagofcrap

bagofcrap Member

Depending on the region Code of the game you can play NTSC(US) games on a Pal console. or vice versa.

Here is a list of games which have been tested on various regional consoles. hope it helps.

http://forum.xbox-sky.com/xbox360_regional_compatibility_guide/