1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I Post This Here? (Regarding Blu-Ray)

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by macburner, Feb 20, 2005.

1. macburner

macburner Guest

Around how much is blu ray media going to cost?

2. kinza

kinza Regular member

3. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

Cool. That was imformative.

Does anyone know if there are any pictures of from a DVD quality film and a Blu-Ray quality film. To compare them

4. kinza

kinza Regular member

i couldn't find any, but its probably just a little better than dvd. how much better can it get? i was reading an article about i think extra/super hdtv and the people who watched the video on it got sick and dizzy from such high quality. i guess some technologies are just not meant to be.

5. Higgsbsun

Higgsbsun Regular member

What about HD-DVD the competeing format to Blu-Ray?
    The neat thing about HD-DVDs is that they are playable on your present DVD player, although you can only access the 4.7Gb layer, not the 15Gb one.

It sounds as though some of the major studios will be issuing HD-DVD as standard by the end of the year, so you may find that this time next year you will have several HD-DVDs in your collection by default.

6. Higgsbsun

Higgsbsun Regular member

I've just seen coverage of a new Blu-Ray format by JVC, it has an upper Blu-Ray layer of 25Gb then a blue-reflective layer with a standard 8.5Gb dual-layer DVD underneath. So Blu-Ray palyers will read the HDTV upper layer and older DVD players will read the conventional DVD layers through the Blu-ray layer.

Philips have just shown a triple laser player with infrared, red, and blue lasers for CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray respectively.