1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I re-encode SVCD using Cinema Craft ?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ETX2, Oct 1, 2003.

1. ETX2

ETX2 Member

Have a SVCD movie that plays fine on the PC however as soon as I burn it using Nero6 using TDK CD-RW700 the picture breaks up when there is a lot of movement. I have re-encoded part of the movie with TMPGEnc and burnt it all over again and this has sorted the problem however TMPGEnc takes so long to encode so I was wondering if there was a way of re-encoding with Cinema Craft.Thanks.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

The Probably reason why the Video Breaks up is Because the Bitrate is Too High for your DVD Player to Handle...
    This is Quite common with Files encoded By Tmpgenc because Tmpgenc has Really Really Bad Bitrate controll, The Bitrate can sometimes spike in Tmpgenc Encoded files Higher than 2X the Bitrate you set in the settings..
    This is the main Reason why I do not use Tmpgenc for Encodeing...
    But your answer is "YES" you can re-encode the SVCD File in CCE, But you will need to Frame serve the File to CCE useing either AVISynth or Virtual Dub_Mpeg2_AC3...But if you have never used them For this you can also use the VFAPI Converter to Frameserve to CCE, this is Probably the easiest way...What you do is Download "DVD2AVI 1.76" and the "Vfapi Converter" ..First you install the VFAPI Codec that comes with the VFAPI Converter, then you use DVD2AVI to make a "D2V" Project File out of your SVCD File...DVD2AVI will leave you with a Mpeg1 Layer 2 audio file and a D2V frame server file, You take the D2V file and Load it into the "Vfapi Converter" and it will create a Dummy AVI file, Now you just Load this Dummy AVI file into CCE and encode it like normal..
    After encodeing you Just use Tmpgenc"s Simple Multiplex to Mux the Mpeg audio file that DVD2AVI extracted from your SVCD with the Mpeg Video file you just encoded with CCE...And WHAMMO.. you have a New SVCD file....Cheers

3. ETX2

ETX2 Member

Thanks for your detailed reply, shall give it a try later after work. cheers.