1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i reformat a pc hard drive to work in a ps2?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Jamie1979, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Jamie1979

Jamie1979 Member

I just got a ps2 and my step brother has a copy of final fantasy XI and an extra serial key and I have an extra 40 gig maxtor hard drive i would like to put in it.

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

No, it must be an original game to work, otherwise, DNAS will fail and you will neither be able format the HDD or boot the Final Fantasy XI game disc.

3. Jamie1979

Jamie1979 Member

well then can i get a ps2 hard drive and use his disks to install the game?

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

If they are originals, then yes but I believe you still have to boot the PS2 with the original disc in order to play it.

5. chrome38

chrome38 Member

you don't need the disc to play. It installs on to the hard drive, but you cant have to copies of the same game online at the same time. Plus when u buy a PS2 hard drive it comes with FFXI so why borrow someone elses?

6. Jamie1979

Jamie1979 Member

Well he had returned his hard drive a while back because he thought it was broke but it was realy is ps2 so he is still using the serial key for that one and he has the serial key for the one he exchanged the old one for. And the price of the combo is 100 but i can get just the hard drive new for 75 shiped.