1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I rent & burn the game?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by 2ligit, Nov 19, 2004.

1. 2ligit

2ligit Guest

I am new with this, but my question is straigth forward, can I rent a game, burn it and play it on X-Box?

2. cobra2002

cobra2002 Guest

in order to back up an original game you have to ftp the game from your xbox to PC, the xbox original cannot be read by the PC.

3. halothree

halothree Member

you cant burn the disk thats illegal coping
    copyright is selling it
    its not worth going to jail over that to pay $50
    just by halo 1 first if you dont all ready have it

4. 2ligit

2ligit Guest

I have no clue what you guys meant by that. If I get a illegal game and copy it, it would work on my x-box, even if I didn't do anything to my x-box?

5. cobra2002

cobra2002 Guest

no, your xbox has to be chipped to play a back-up or any homebrew software available for the xbox.
    An unchipped xbox will not run any software other than original xbox titles, nor can you back-up an original title without having a modded xbox capable of running an ftp program.

6. uratowel

uratowel Member

why the hell not?
    burn i say BURN!

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

one reason is the drive in the xbox reads the disc in the opposite direction of a pc drive. it's the way it is, bucko. M$ built the system that way. if you want to play copies, you have to put out the time, energy, effort, and cash to properly equip your box to do it. another reason to stick with the ps2 ;)

wait...did i just say that in an xbox forum? *runs for the hills*

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004