1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I rip a HD movie using Anydvd HD and a XBOX 360 HD drive?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by geestar20, Feb 20, 2007.

1. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

The question is pretty straight forward Can I rip a HD movie using Anydvd HD and a XBOX 360 HD drive? connected to my PC. I have searched to net and found old news about ripping in Raid 0 configuration and blah blah blah.

So, is this possible?

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Well, after the damn suspense and endless pacing...I decided to go to the local Walmart and pick the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player and test AnyDVD HD for my self (since it came with Kink Kong to do my test with).

I connected my NEW and SHINY Xbox 360 HD DVD Player to PC through USB and straight away it asked me for drivers and the whole dialog box came up to install the drivers. Just go through the regular setup and check the box not to prompt to install again.

BTW, the 360 HD player is made by Toshiba. This is the model # Toshiba DVD/HD X807616

Just an FYI, XP OS do not have drivers for this so you are going to have to install them with different drivers.

Get them here http://rs23.rapidshare.com/files/3149367/XBOX360-1.HD-DVDRom.UDF.Reader.v2.5.WindowsXP-BluePrint.rar

Extract the .rar file to your desktop and open the file, in that file you will see 3 files, you only need to install the 1 file. Right click on the thdudf.inf and select install (right under open of course) and reboot your machine. You now have a HD player installed on your rig.

Once installed I stuck my King Kong HD movie in and fired up AnyDVD HD, right clicked and chose "Rip Video HD DVD to harddisk and off I went. it takes awhile so be patiant. once done I used Cyberlink.PowerDVD.Ultra.v7.2 to view

Needless to say IT WAS A SUCCESS!!

Good luck to all who will try and succeed.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007