1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I rip dvds to my computer

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by GeoRedeemer, Sep 24, 2011.

1. GeoRedeemer

GeoRedeemer Member

I would like to know if and where, there might be some software to rip copyrighted DVDs to my computer so I can view them without needing the disk and so I can put them on my iPhone. oh and I am running a mac OS, so it make things slightly more difficult.

Hope you can help.

2. YOBUZZB

YOBUZZB Regular member

DVDs can be ripped to your hard drive using any number of apps. Simply search the forum for a more direct answer!

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

DVDFAB
    Slysoft

fab is free to rip always the rest of it is trial,software section will have free converters

4. X4UCH

X4UCH Member

I have always used Handbrake which is a free program. It also allows you to select chapters to rip instead of the entire DVD if that is your wish. It takes a pretty powerful machine to rip much more than 30 minutes of video.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

since when can handbrake rip copy protected dvd's as for the last comment "powerful machine for ripping" you have no idea what your talking about

6. rebel00

rebel00 Member

Ive been through hell and back trying out programs and Ill save you the trouble right now. Google ripit for mac