1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I rip from DMR-E30 Made DVD, and Re-Author in Final Cut

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by lsd25, Feb 28, 2005.

1. lsd25

lsd25 Member

Pro? I have some videos that I want to fix up! Can I extract the Video/Audio, and do some editing, and cleaning up, and add menus and all? Your help is appreciated!

2. macburner

macburner Guest

Oh yea, I do this all the time. Just rip the DVD with MTR and turn it into a .DV file using Drop to DV. Then open final cut and select import>files. Import the file. Enjoy.

You can download Drop to DV here. But beware it does take a while. (if it opens terminal dont worry it always does this)

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17229

3. Trier

Trier Member

With Final Cut Pro, you can´t really make DVD-R´s with menu, so you have to use e.g. DVDStudioPro or iDVD (which is not very pro IMO), after you have "finished" the project with Final Cut.

I have had also some problems with iDVD and Mac dual G5, and OSX, so note this:
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93665

"iDVD 4 may not successfully burn a disc on dual processor Power Mac G5 computers if Best Performance is selected in iDVD preferences.

Please update to iDVD 4.0.1. This update is also available through Software Update Preferences.

After you have updated to iDVD 4.0.1, it may be necessary to delete encoded assets from your iDVD 4 project."

4. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

You could also use dvdxdv or cinematize to extract to quicktime. Then finalcut pro to toast or dvd studio pro.