1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I Rip to AAC & MP3 Using Nero Ultra 6? How?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by JDiddie, Aug 15, 2004.

1. JDiddie

JDiddie Member

I have Nero Ultra Edition 6. I'd like to use the VBR AAC encoder that comes with it, but I can't figure out how to rip the files. Any time I try to select files from the CD source I get an error message saying "can't read .cda files." Can anyone please let me know how to rip files from a CD and save them as AACs/MP3/etc. using Nero?

2. Pireaa

Pireaa Guest

I know Xilisoft CD Ripper can rip CD to MP3 format. In fact Windows Media Player can also copy CD to MP3 format.

3. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Yes, you can go to Nero StartSmart, enable the Advnaced user tab in the bottom right of the window, the first of the three buttons.

Then go to the Audio portion and use the green arrow in the bottom of the window to toggle over and select RIP Tracks.

Then you can select MP4/AAC audio format or MP3.

PS. If you have the Retail version, you can register the MP3 Lame encoder. If you have the OEM version you will need to use the Fraunhifer encoder which is limited to 30 encodings for MP3 or mp3PRO before you need to purchase the encoder. This also comes with teh Retail version, but if you have the MP3 Lame for free why buy. :)

Or you can just go to Nero Express, select MORE button and then Save Tracks which takes you to the same window.

Regards,

Craig

4. JDiddie

JDiddie Member

Cool, worked! Thanks for the help.