1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can i run iso's thru fastloader on a 2.7 version psp?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by foxygeeb, Jan 10, 2007.

1. foxygeeb

foxygeeb Member

Hi sorry if you guys have answered this q before but i couldn't find it... but does any one know if i Can run iso's thru fastloader on a 2.7 version psp? and if so can some one give me a run down of it... thanks a million
    foxygeeb

2. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

No you cant. Best option is to upgrade to 2.71 (dont go past this firmware). Then downgrade to 1.5 and then upgrade it to 3.03 OE-A then again to 3.03 OE-B. It sounds long winded but honestly isnt complicated and its quick to do. The hardest part is downgrading from 2.71 cos the downgrader doesnt always work first time.....you just have to keep trying the same procedure until it finally decides to work.

3. foxygeeb

foxygeeb Member

can u tell me where i can find these versions...?

4. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

Check your System Details....are you on 2.71 or just 2.7 ?

5. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

OK, assuming you are on 2.7 and NOT 2.71 then follow these instructions :

Download everything you need here :- http://rapidshare.com/files/11193145/2.71_Downgrader.rar

1) Create the following directory on your Memory Stick PSP/GAME/UPDATE and place the EBOOT.PBP file from '2.71 Upgrade.rar' in that folder.
    2) Goto Memory Stick menu on PSP and you should now see '2.71 Update'. Run that to upgrade your PSP to 2.71
    3) Once that's done extract and run the file in '2.71 Downgrader.rar'. Follow the on screen instructions making sure you complete the motherboard checks it asks you to do
    4) Once you've downgraded to 1.5 format your memory stick and create the following directory PSP/GAME and place the two folders from '3.03 Auto Installer.rar' into this directory.
    5) Run the '3.03 OE-A' update from the Memory Stick Menu
    6) Once that's been done delete the 2 folders in PSP/GAME and then create the following directory PSP/GAME150
    7) Place the 2 folders from '3.03 OE-B' in PSP/GAME150 and again run the update from the Memory Stick menu. Once complete delete the 2 folders in PSP/GAME150 but leave the GAME150 folder.

DONE !
    Oh, and DONT turn the PSP off during the updates. Its been known for people to get scared halfway through and turn it off. This will brick your PSP.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  6. foxygeeb

foxygeeb Member

Its a 2.71 is there any thing i can do?

7. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

Follow my instructions just ignore steps 1 & 2 ! :)