1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I shrink my files??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 2ligit, Nov 19, 2004.

1. 2ligit

2ligit Guest

I have 182 episodes os Seinfeld, I finally got them to work using Nero Express. But I saw that I can only put 4 of them on a DVD-R, is there a way to put more on the DVD? I am looking to put a lot more...4 isn't enough.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

'can i shrink my files' <-- what files are they ? lol

If you're using Nero to encode avi/mpg files to VOB format then you'll prbably have error message from Nero saying project size is too large for 4.3Gb media.
    I sometimes use MainConcept MPEG Encoder to encoder avi/mpg file(s) to MPEG-2 [dvd complaint]. Then TMPGEnc DVD Author to convert to VOB ... you've to ignore the error message and then when thats done & you have all relevant VOB/BUP/IFO files - use DVD Shrink/DVD2One to compress to needed size :)

3. 2ligit

2ligit Guest

Herbsman, what I did was, I just went burn in Nero, and it started transcoding the files, then when it finished, it started burning. They are mpeg files, and how would I use DVD Shrink?

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Well I'd suggest not using Nero Express personally and trying something that lets you have more control over encoding (I use Nero a lot , but not for encoding).

If you encode avi/mpg files to VOB/BUP/IFO format ... even tho project size came out as 6.8GB (for example) - open DVD Shrink and select the option 'open files' ... choose the folder that contains the VOBs etc and compress as you need ; )