1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I still FTP?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by brick77, May 19, 2004.

1. brick77

brick77 Member

Hello,
    I recently FTPed into my xbox to backup the C and E drives to my PC so I can replace the original xboxdash with msxboxdash. I successfully transferred both files to my PC. Then I renamed the the original xboxdash= msxboxdash and put it back into the C drive of my xbox along with these files: msxboxdash (the original),
    Evox.ini (with Static IP set to –Yes 192.168.100.10 I did not modify this ini file before I put it into my xbox), Skins, xboxdash (evolution X). Now when I take my boot CD out and restart my xbox it boots with the Evoultion dashboard (GOOD!) with Static IP 192.168.100.10 (BAD!) (cannot be changed!) Can I still FTP through the Evox Boot CD even though my ini is screwed? Now I cant FTP into my xbox at all and I get error 16 when trying to boot the orginal Dashboard (But I backed up the orginal xboxdash file to the C drive on my xbox, shouldn’t it let me access the original dash through Evox?). Please read my signature below for all my specs. Maybe my linksys WRT54G should have its Static IP manually set? My xbox nolonger receives Dynamic IP’s from my Router. Someone please help me to FTP back into my xbox and once that’s done tell me what modifications or files changes I need to make for everything to run smooth.
    Thanks in advanced.

Phillips DVD
    Xbox ver. ??
    Factory Hard Drive Western Digital 8 GB
    Xecuter 2 (Primary)
    Evolution X Dash
    Linksys WRT54G

2. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Your problem is that the new static IP (192.168.100.10) is in a different subnet of your PC. Since you cannot change this static IP without connecting to your xbox first, the workaround is to change the IP of your PC to meet your xbox in its subnet (i.e. 192.168.100.???) You can either change the local IP of your Linksys router. Or, you can make a direct connection from your PC to xbox using a crossover cable, change your PC to use static IP in the same subnet...

3. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

the error your getting when you try to load the original dash is probably because you changed the file name, but didn't modify your evox.ini to reflect the change. It's still looking for xboxdash.xbe. Likewise, your bios is probably still looking for xboxdash.xbe as well. It looks to the bios/evox as though you have no original dash.
    And how is your ini screwed? Are you setting "static ip" to on? And lastly, have you tried to change it in the ini file itself as well as the settings menu from the dash?