1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I test my backups before buying swap magic?

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by connolly, Jan 26, 2005.

1. connolly

connolly Regular member

I want to see if my burner, software and technique for copying ps2 games is right before going and getting swap magic and a flip top. Can I boot up with an original game and then swap for a backup I've made of it just as a test?

2. G4m3rDud3

G4m3rDud3 Member

Burn a game tat s the only way tro found out anyway. if it dont work try again. i've wasted 10+cdrs alrdy so..just keep trying!

3. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

If you could swap from your original to your backup, why would you need SwapMagic at all?

4. connolly

connolly Regular member

Aaaaah. What I mean is I want to see if I've got the right hardware on my pc and burning software for the whole copying deal before I buy swap magic and alter my ps2. I need some way to test the copies I make now with my existing set-up before I spend any more money. Is this clear?

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Again, if there were a way to "test boot" them without using the Swap Magic discs why would you even buy them? The only thing you could try is to boot them on someone else's modded PS2 or borrow someone's Swap Magic discs.

6. connolly

connolly Regular member

Lets say I make a copy of Warrior Within on the PS2. Could I put the original disc in the tray wait for the game to start and at a suitable point replace my copy game. Remember this is only to see if my copying harware/ software works before I purchase flip tops/swap magic.

7. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

No. If your PS2 is not modded you will need to use Swap Magic discs in order to boot backups. If using an original game as a swap disc worked you wouldn't need Swap Magic. This is why you need Swap Magic. $30/US really isn't that much to spend.