1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Can I upgrade to custom firmware of a Phat PSP-1001 v.3.11? (too many dead links)

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by foreshadow, Jan 3, 2015.

1. foreshadow

foreshadow Member

I've been searching online for a way to either downgrade to 1.5 in order to install custom firmwares, etc. But all my old bookmarks and most of the links in the "Rules sections" are dead.

I haven't touched the PSP hacking community in a very long time. Back then I needed to create a Pandora battery to downgrade and do what ever with my PSP (which I haven't done). The devhook site is offline, most links are dead. Even using the archive.org to restore some information, all the software download links are dead.

What I want:
    Download the newer games and play them (as well as emulators or homebrews).

Can I?
    Install a custom firmware such as 6.60 PRO-C fix 3 or any other versions directly from my 3.11 version with a broken UMD drive?

My PSP info:
    PSP-1001 v3.11 (official if I remember correctly, originally a 1.5 firmware)
    UMD not working on this PSP! So the Lumines UMD based hacks won't work.

I also have another PSP which I could also hack but rather not take the chance to brick it:
    PSP-1001 v3.40 OE-A (I think it was hacked when bought online, not sure if I officially upgraded it after)

Do I need:
    To go through the Pandora + Magic Memory Stick (thankfully the Pandora battery seems to be pretty easy now)
    or
    Install official firmware 6.20 (isn't getting stuck in higher versions a bad thing especially if you ever want to go back to version 1.5) and http://wololo.net/installing-pro-cfw-on-a-psp-1000-psp-phat/
    or Anything better?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Update to 6.60 official firmware, then use one of the 6.60 lite firmwares to install 6.60 ME. Getting back to 1.50 is beyond oldschool.