1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I use a psp slim to install M33 3.60 on another psp slim?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by yahushua, Oct 5, 2007.

1. yahushua

yahushua Member

Hi,

I have a psp slim running M33 3.71 and wanted to install M33 on my little brothers psp slim (currently running 3.60). I wanted to know if I could make the magic memory stick and pandora battery with my M33 psp slim.
    Thanks

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

In order to convert a normal Battery to a Pandora Battery you need a PSP that can run in 1.50 kernel mode. PSP SLIMS can not run in 1.50 Kernel mode. So if you need to convert the Battery then no you can not use your PSP SLIM for that step.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  3. yahushua

yahushua Member

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

still wouldn't work because the psp slim uses a modified magic memory stick, and it can only be created on a fat psp running 1.50 or custom firmware. the easy installer is only for the fat psp's, as it downgrades to 1.50.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@cee43ja1

You could modify the Magic Memory Stick if you had a PSP SLIM running CFW. The modification uses 2.XX or higher firmware.

But the easy installer still wouldn't work because you still need to convert the battery into a Pandora battery which you would need to use 1.50 kernel to do this step.

So in a way cee43ja1 is correct. But if someone already has a Pandora Battery it is possible to modify the Magic memory Stick with a PSP SLIM running CFW.

Lets say someone bought or had someone make them a Pandora Battery with the modified 3.60 M33 firmware on the Magic memory Stick. Now the newer Dark_Alex Universal Unbricker #3 is out. They could use there PSP SLIM CFW to modify the 3.60 M33 Magic memory Stick to a 3.71 M33-2 magic Memory Stick.

6. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

see, you learn something new everyday at aD.

as for the datel tool battery, that should be a last resort. pandora's battery can be created for free.