1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I use dvd-rw DL for a place to hold folder?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Colby55, May 14, 2007.

1. Colby55

Colby55 Member

Are there dual layer cd'd. I want to put like 30 videos on a disc and only ones I have hold up to 700MB and thats means I'll be wasting like a cd per video cause they are about 350mb each. Do they have dual layer cd's so i can use my videos I put to cd again?

My mom bought dvd dual layer but it will just make a dvd right??

I want to put sn eppys to cd so i could use clips again but I have a lot of mb or even bigger gb on the computer and I'll be wasting like 50cd's then if they are 700mb each.

Please help.if I use the dvd+r DL can I just burn it to a floder and then use the vids as avi files and stuff?

2. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

The only double/dual layer media to make it to the consumer market are DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL. If your videos are 350MB each, you may get 20-22 of them on a DL disc using your drive. DVD-R DL are not as well supported as DVD+R DL; so try those first.

3. Colby55

Colby55 Member

thank you is there a way to use them so I can keep it an avi file so i can use the files on windows movie maker and adobe premiere elements?

4. chop2113

chop2113 Regular member

Yes you can use dvd media to store files on them without having to convert them. I have nero and i use the back up files feature and save to a dvd. The files will be in there orginal format for you to use.

Last edited: May 15, 2007