1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I use Mac O/S to load iso's, emulators, and update cfw?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by VuDuChild, Jul 20, 2011.

1. VuDuChild

VuDuChild Member

I have a psp slim I modded (2 years ago maybe?). I recently dusted off the PSP after not using it at all for over a year. Everything still works fine and I was playing an iso this morning. Its running 5.00 M33-6 on it with a few iso rips and an NES emulator. This mod was done on a PC running XP and a pandora battery I bought a while back. Since then, I have moved away from that PC and now have a MacBook Pro. So my questions are these:

1) Can I or should I upgrade to a newer version of CFW using Mac O/S?

2) Can I load emulators using Mac O/S?

3) Can I load iso's using Mac O/S?

Everything I've read points to not being able to use a mac to initially mod the psp (am I wrong?). Nonetheless, its already modded and I haven't found any posts related to using a mac once the psp is already running CFW. Again, I no longer have access to a PC, let alone one running XP, and don't know how to run XP on my Macbook.

I just want to add that I am still a noob, and only successfully got to where I am with this psp because of all the helpful and detailed posts on these forums, so thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

You only need to upgrade, as long as your MacBook has an USB port, you should be able to copy the needed files to your PSPs memory card. As far as I know you can upgrade straight to 6.39 ME v8. Emulators and everything else are also only copied to the right folders on your memory card, no need to install them. Actually, you don't need a computer at all to mod a PSP, only to copy the needed files to the memory card.