1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i use nero 6 to burn dvdr

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by InfernaI, Sep 20, 2004.

1. InfernaI

InfernaI Member

nero burning dvdr as data?

instead of converting the avi as mpg and burn them onto. i want to backup these avi onto a dvdr.

or alcohol 120% instead of nero. i was jus wondering if this is possible. cause i dont wanna waste anymore cd-r/dvdr

Last edited: Sep 20, 2004
  2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You have to author your mpeg before burning. This adds the required navigatiion structure to your movie so it will play in your DVD player. Take your Mpeg or your .avi and use NeroVision Express 2. This will add the structure needed and also let you add a menu.

3. InfernaI

InfernaI Member

no - no i don't want to convert them as mpg.
    the idea is i want to burn these 3GB serties on to a dvd-r.

i though burning two episode on one cd is a waste of cd-blank. since dvdr could hold 4gb why don't i just burn these files onto a dvdr disc
    --
    the question is can nero do this and if nero could not. pls recommend

Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
  4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

If you just want to transfer your .avi files to a DVD then Nero can do that. I use the StartSmart feature, "Make a data disc. Just browse for the file, load it into the compilation window and select burn.

5. anniebird

anniebird Member

fasfrank -
    Can you explain the steps needed to author the .avi file before burning? I have just downloaded Nero 6 trial version - I burned a DVD but it will not play in any of my DVD players. Is this the same as recoding to Nero digital or is that something else? I'm very confused - thanks

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi anniebird,
    You want to use Nerovision Express 2. It is a program that is part of the Nero 6 suite. You should be able to open it by going to:

Start> All Programs> Nero> NeroVision Express 2> NeroVision. The "What would you like to do?" window opens. Select Make DVD...DVD-Video. A content window opens, double click "Add Video Files". A browser opens, so find your .avi and select it. This will add it to the content window.

You now have your movie in the program so you have to decide what you want. If you don't want a menu, select "More" at the bottom of the screen and uncheck the "create menu on disc" box.

Now you can either select Next or you can select Edit Movie. I recommend experimenting with the editing features with a short clip or two. You can even put still images in and play with them.

If you select Next, you will go to the menu screen. Experiment with this as well. Select Next again and you can now preview your project. If you are happy, go to the Next screen, which is your burn options window.

Now I always burn to my hard drive and then use Nero Burning ROM to do the actual burn. I can check the hard drive folder to see if it is what I actually want before the burn.

You can do that or let NVE burn for you. Whatever you do, transcoding and the burn process are the next steps.

Here are some tutorials to look at, Check out the one second from the top.

http://nero.com/us/631956523192996.html

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
    Frank

7. anniebird

anniebird Member

[bold]fasfrank[/bold] - thanks - I'm trying it right now and I'll let you know how this works.
    This is a great forum, by the way - I'm so happy I found it.

It worked like a charm - now I know that Nero can do everything I need it to do. Thanks again

Last edited: Sep 27, 2004
  8. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I'm glad it worked for you! The editing feature is pretty cool, they have a lot of different transitiions and text effects. The menu feature needs a bit of work though. I have a few tricks for that though, as far as using different frames and making custom backgrounds.
    Frank

9. Onigex

Onigex Guest

Where can I download that? And also can I burn a movie into a CD-RW? Or no? I tried burning it into a data cd but all it showed were ROOT MENU and another ROOT MENU on the other side.

10. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You can get a 30 day NERO 6 trial here:

http://nero.com/us/nero6-ultraedition.php

You can burn a movie on to a CD. It's called a VCD or SVCD. If you have a DVD burner I would recommend burning DVDs rather than CDs.

11. Onigex

Onigex Guest

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2004
  12. Onigex

Onigex Guest

How can you make it so that music plays in the background in th eopening menu? And how do you make new folders in it?