1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I use Nero to copy my DVD?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jondoe, Feb 11, 2003.

1. jondoe

jondoe Member

I have DVDxCopy 1.0.625, the latest Nero and the Sony DRU 500a DVD+/- burner. I just copied the Jamie Foxx DVD and it came out glitchy as hell. It bearly played on my PS2 and stuttered alot on my other RCA DVD player. I burned it on a Apple DVD-R disc. Should I use Nero to copy it. Nero makes 100% perfect copies of my existing PS2 games. Im afraid to waste another DVD-R disc. I heard about DVDto1. Is that better than DVDXCopy? Should I upgrade my DVDxcopy to the latest version? Or can I just use the trust worthy NERO to back up my movie?

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Your problem sounds more like a media problem than a software one.

When you copy with DVDxCOPY, it uses a Nero engine anyway, but the version you get, although it will be on two DVDs, should be identical to the original.

DVD2ONE is not better, although I personally prefer it, it is just different. It compresses the movie files only (not re encoding) to fit exactly on one DVD-R, thus eliminating the need for two (90 % of movies burned with DVDxCOPY need two, in my experience).

This has an inevitable consequence with regards to quality, although as far as I am concerned, this is between non-existenct and negligible.

You can't use Nero to just back up you movie, as it is most likely encrypted.

This post belongs in another forums, so it has now been moved.

Paul.