1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can I use Ritek media in my Nec ND-2500A?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by BIGTOXY69, Sep 3, 2004.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Been reading lots of post here on Afterdawn.com lately . And the general line seems to be that Ritek media is the cats pajamas ! top of the line dvdr media . my question is can I use them in my NEC ND-2500A dvd writer? my FW is 1.06 verson. can I just order & burn or must I upgrade to the 1.07 fw otr herries version . anyone with a 2500A with the 1.06 fw that has used riteks I would be interested in hearing about it in your reply. thanx & bless you all
    bigtoxy69

2. super-guy

super-guy Member

Of course you can! Just upgrate your fw to 1.07, no problems with ritek media. I have used ritek g04 dvd-r about 80pc with my pioneer, that's good. My friend had a NEC 2500A writer, there are no errors when reading or writing.
    I ordered the ritek media from www.meritline.com, you can have a try. There is a Compatibility Chart for every media.

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

OKay Great just explain the firmware update process please ! I've downloaded the update but have have been hesitant to install because if I mmess up my drive is scrooged up like ol'Mc DUck! & is my only DVD-writer !I might get a NEC-3500 for Xmas so maybe I will update the 2500A then Or Maybe the Nec 3500A will be more compatable with rieks straight out of the box? what do you think? Anyways Thanx my friend-Peace

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I haven't heard of too many times that Ritek would not work with a drives factory firmware. Its one of the best media out there. When other brands fail to work, Ritek usually will. There is a very slight chance you may have problems but I doubt it. On line stores like Meritline sell sample packs with several brands inside to try at a reasonable price. You might try that to see what works best for you.

Jerry

5. rono4102

rono4102 Member

Hello,I have a nec2500a and riteks do work well with it.Ive only tried the unbranded riteks and the +R seem to work alittle better than the -R. Also I am still using factory FW,as I am just as skeptical as you.Good luck!