1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I use Slayers auto installer 2.1 on this xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by punkinguk, Aug 9, 2003.

1. punkinguk

punkinguk Member

I'm using the following:
    X-Ecuter IIv1 4973
    Chiptype: Homebrew 0x90
    Slayers Evolution X V1.8 3285
    60 gig hardrive

The reason I'm asking is I upgraded HDD loader and now it doesn't work, and it's vanished from the apps menu. All the games loaded up before the upgrade work, but anything I upload now just gives a blank screen. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Col.

2. Dank

Dank Regular member

yup slayers will work fine with that... did u edit your evox.ini when u changed to loader 1.1? maybe thast ur problem..

3. punkinguk

punkinguk Member

Thanks for the reply. You're right I didn't edit the evox.ini file. I'm new to the xbox and bought it already set up. I'm currently trying to get my PC linked up to the xbox so I can edit the file, but with out any success. However I've read other posts about that on here so I'm going to try again later.

Thanks
    Col.

4. Dank

Dank Regular member

I have modded a shitload of boxes and to get the FTP portion to work.. make sure u have the crossover cable connected to the xbox and also connected to the NIC card on ur computer and the computer is turned on... with the xbox off now install the slayer cd and turn back on the xbox.. it should boot to the slayer screen.. install slayers choosing the correct setup u are using (new HD or Not basically and kernal version).. take out the disk out once it is finished putting evox and the apps onto your XBoX.. reboot the xbox and when evox comes up go into system settings turn on static ip and turn off all in game resets 3 of dem.. reboot the box with nothing in the drive and it should bring up your ip address.. its that simple.. type in the IP on flashXP and ur on ur way

5. punkinguk

punkinguk Member

Thanks. I'll give it a go when I get the chance and I'll let you know what happens.

6. punkinguk

punkinguk Member

I must be an idiot as it's still not working, although I now have the Xbox showing an IP address, before it just said 0.0.0.0.
    Xbox
    IP: 192.168.1.200
    Subnetmask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 169.254.254.71

PC
    Address type: Automatic Private Address
    IP: 169.254.254.71
    Subnetmask: 255.255.0.0
    Deafult Gateway: Blank

Flash FTP
    IP: 192.168.1.200
    username: xbox
    Password: xbox

When I ping 192.168.1.200 with the C: ping command it says destination host not reachable. So what do you think I'm doing wrong?
    Sorry to ask again and you must be sick opf answering this question as I noticed you've been answering the same question elsewhere in the forum. Thanks for your time and help.

Col.