1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I use TMPegnc to compress an Mpeg2 file and make it smaller?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bat4life, May 31, 2003.

1. bat4life

bat4life Member

HI! i have a Sony Vaio Digital studio and I capture alot of my T.V. programs through sonys Giga Pocket(kind of like Tivo) I record at 8mb per sesond (HQ) because I really don't like 4mb per second. know when im done editing my video im only able to fit about 1 hour of HQ video into 1 dvd using DVDit PE. My question is this can i use an Mpeg2 file and exported into TMPegnc and use 2 VBR at min 5.5mbnormal,8mbhighest,2mblowest on the settings.Keep in mind I used dvd2avi before i export it to Tmpeg.The Reason I asked this question is because I tried it once and everything looked fine on my computer it played fine and everything but when I burned it to DVD the video kept kind of flickering. am I doing something wrong? what i want to do is similar to what people do know with music by converting PCM music to Mp3 files,more music same quality less space. Can I do this with TMPEGnc by keeping the same quality except making the file smaller. any help would be appreciated.Thanks

2. cheers

cheers Member

You could author the dvd files and then shrink them with DVD Shrink.
    Just an idea.

3. jcben

jcben Guest

Try CinemaCraft MPEG encoder.
    You'll never find better quality.

4. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

why not keep it as a .avi and burn it using dvd architect...or did u want to srhink it?