1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can it be detected whether or not you've burned a dvd?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by angelicad, Mar 8, 2005.

1. angelicad

angelicad Member

OK...so I've read all the trace chip posts and im sorry to ask the question but is it possible for a rental place to tell whether or not you have burned one of their movies? I still can't seem to get a straight answer, please don't be sarcastic about it I'm a newbie lol.

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

This post right here is the only one you need on the subject. After you have read it, please consider yourself informed on the subject. I'm not trying to belittle you, I just understand that it can be hard to know what to believe, so I'm just being emphatic.

There is NO way for anyone to tell if you have burned a dvd. As long as you do it in the privacy of your own home, you will be the only one to ever know.

If anyone tells you any differently, disregard their posts. You have your answer. Now you can sleep with a clear mind. :)

3. angelicad

angelicad Member

haha well thanks a lot i appreciate it

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The Blockbuster trace chip started out as a joke and then everyone got carried away with the subject. I like a good joke just like everyone else. The problem on a site like this forum is that many readers do not realize it was started as a fun subject and start to believe these stories. The thread kept going and going without a final statement that it was all in fun. As Balaam stated there is no way anyone can tell you copied an original dvd. Ripping a dvd is only READING the disc. Also all original dvd movies to my knowledge are pressed metal disc dvds, not burned like a copy. So there is no way anything can be burned onto the original to show it was copied. You are completely safe. Have fun burning.

Jerry

5. angelicad

angelicad Member

Well thanks a lot guys I really appreciate it!
    Learn something new everyday I guess

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Someone close this now before it gets out of hand... Again LOL

7. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

LOL, I was just gonna ask that too!

8. sadsac

sadsac Guest

I see an opportunity.

9. TheKidd

TheKidd Member

Just want to say one thing before this gets closed. Whatever you do don't mix up the movie with the copy and take the wrong one back. :)