1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can it be done?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by a2d, Jan 11, 2005.

1. a2d

a2d Member

Alright, I have ripped a bunch of DVD-Rs now and also downloaded, converted and ripped DVDs from the download sites. Now I want to burn the DVD-R that I ripped already to another DVD-R. Everytime I go to rip the dvd-r it comes up as one of the VOB files is unreadable, but only one. I have watched these movies fully and no problems in them. Do I need another software in order to rip the ripped copies or am I at a dead end and that this cannot be done. I have been using TDK/DVD-R/8x/4.7GB dvds. Please help.

I am using 1clickdvd and copy to dvd software to burn.

Thanks in advance for answers.

a2d

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

3. a2d

a2d Member

Thanks, worked for two of the burnt dvds I was trying to rip, the other two it would still not do. I will try again later to see if I can get around it. Any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks again for the help bbmayo.

a2d

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What exactly won't it do?

5. a2d

a2d Member

Not sure of the exact words, but when I get home will try to burn the burnt disc and will let you know. I know when trying to burn it with CopytoDVD it says it cannot read one of the VOB files, but only one of them and it is one of the VOB files near the end. Do you think the discs could be corrupted? I watched the DVD and found no problems anywhere? Could this be a drive issue. I downloaded all the updates of firmware off the site too.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I'm not exactly sure where you are running into the problem? Ripping the original? Burning the disk? Reauthoring? Need a little more specifics to be able to help

7. a2d

a2d Member

Answer - my problem is occurring when trying to read the already burnt disc while choosing the files to backup in the burner software (copytodvd & DVD Shrink). I am able to play the full dvd on my pc (so the drive reads it) and I am able to play it on my dvd player at home. I have burnt sucessful copies of ripped dvds, but it seems to be a few that I have just tried recently that have the problem. I will tell you the exact wording of the error when I get home tonight from work. Hope I am explaining my issue properly.

I appreciate the help very much bbmayo, thanks.

a2d

8. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

It happens alot to scratched DVDs. The DVD player is more forgivable because it just skips over the errors which are imperceptible to the naked eye, but the DVD burner tries to read every bit of data (thankfully, as it should). You have to clean the DVDs well, and with Decrypter, find the setting where it will skip over errors.

9. a2d

a2d Member

The error says; DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Invalid DVD navigation structure.

Is this a problem with the DVD or with the DVD Shrink software?

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

This is a problem with the disk.

Clean the disk really good
    Try ripping with Decrypter to your HD first and then run it threw Shrink after. Use the file mode.

Decrypter is better at handeling problem disk's than Shrink

11. a2d

a2d Member

thanks for the help again. I will re-burn the original. the dvd decrypter worked on one of the dvds. i will try on the others tomorrow.

a2d