1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can microsoft stop me from burning downloaded games ,movies?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by gladpen, Jan 17, 2007.

1. gladpen

gladpen Member

I downloaded a lot of movies and games before and burned them just fine. Lately my program nero alcohol ect. tell me there is a problem burning. I took my pc in to have it repaired and was told that mdvd burner is ok. I have burned music files that I own, but once again I can't burn alot of the files I downloaded off of newzbin. I sent a copy of the report ( dumb me) to alcohol tech and I was told that they could not help me because it was possible an ilegal copy off the net. what is up?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

you sent a report telling people that you downloaded music and movies? That is insane!

No, they can not stop you. But it is wise not to mention that you do these things since it is highly illegal.
    What the problem could be i am not sure.

Maybe try one from a public torrent site and see if you can burn it.
    But on a side note i hope you have one heck of a security system (firewalls and Peer Guardian 2) set up on your PC. Music and movie downloads are a dangerous venture these days. I have known several people who have received warning from their ISP because the MPAA or RIAA has stated that they tracked the download to their IP Adress.
    Not to mention all the people that the RIAA and MPAA are going after in court.

3. keltin29

keltin29 Member