1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can my HDTV perform any better? I dunno, you tell me!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by PetahG, Jan 17, 2008.

1. PetahG

PetahG Guest

Hi AD Adicts!
    Let me get straight to the point. I have a 50 inch LG plasma tv model 50PC3D. Its 720p. I usually watch digital cable on it. I have the signal coming from my digital cable box or operating box, whatever u want to call it, using a digital cable, or the RF cable is what its called I beleive. Now, recently it just clicked to me that maybe I could have a better quality picture on my tv if I purchased an HDMI cable that would connect from my cable box to my tv instead of the digital cable..
    Can anyone tell me if thats possible?

The back of the box looks exactly like this.
    [​IMG]

2. error5

error5 Regular member

To get a high definition signal from your cable box you need either an HDMI connection or a component connection. The back of your cable box shows neither. I see only RF and composite. I think your cable box only supports standard definition signals.

Cable companies usually have a different type of cable box for high definition subscribers. These have the required HDMI and component connections. I suggest contacting your cable company and tell them you'd like to upgrade to a high definition box. There's usually additional charges involved including a higher monthly fee.

This is an example of a cable box with both HDMI and component connections:

[​IMG]

3. PetahG

PetahG Guest

thnx a lot man..ill see into getting a high def signal..if its not too expensive ill probabaly get it

4. error5

error5 Regular member

No problem man. The HD upgrade should be worth every penny since you have a plasma. Good luck.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008