1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can my unmodded PS2 (not slim) reads HDAdvance/HDLoader?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ps2newbee, Apr 7, 2005.

1. ps2newbee

ps2newbee Member

Hello everyone.

I have an unmodded PS2(V7) and I try the burn version of HDAdvance/HDLoader and the PS2 shows the message "please insert PS2 format......". Is that because my PS2 is not modded so it does not read the CDR/DVD that I burn?

In that case if I purchase a Legit version of HDAdvance/HDLoader, would my PS2 reads?

Thank you for the help, any help is appreciated.

CC

2. williej

williej Regular member

Yes. HD Advance discs are pressed and have crazy circles, preventing them from being duped. You can d/l a memory card exploit, but I don't have the time or the patience to do it.

I bought a copy of HD Advance 2.0 with 2 discs for like $26. And it's worth it. Some people swear by other methods, but I know what works for me. And I have ripped over 40 games on 2 different HDs with great success.

3. ps2newbee

ps2newbee Member

thank you for the help. I guess I will just go online and get a copy of HDAdvance/HDLoader instead of modding my PS2

4. williej

williej Regular member

If you mod it, you can do a lot more with it, but I tell you one thing ... Sony won't touch it if you have probs after getting it modded. I had a disk read error on my first PS2 and they repaired for free. So, I try to stay as stock as possible.

So what I can't play GT4, God of War and others? Yeah, I could load a memory card exploit onto my memory card and risk damaging it. I don't mind a lil workaround to get things to work, but doggone. I just wanna play them off my HD ... and it's not that serious.

Glad I could help you ...