1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can no longer copy 'on the fly' with Nero

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Discmania, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Sometimes I like to make another copy of my backup but after upgrading to Nero 5.5.10.54 I find it does not finish the job in 'on the fly' copy mode. I have no intention to upgrade to 6 so please don't suggest this. In other words it does not copy directly DVD's anymore. Anyone no why? OK I can still rip to HD and then burn, which is fine, but sometimes I need a quick copy. Used to be 100%.

2. RWG

RWG Regular member

I use Nero 6 so can't be sure about 5.5x. Make sure you're finalizing/closing the disc and look under Copy Options for something you may have missed.

luck-

3. Discmania

Discmania Active member

There is no point in finalising the disc because the reading/burning is not complete. I notice the reading from the DVD-Rom drive stops at about 90% but the burner drive and nero appear to continue. Not sure if continuing is a characteristic of Nero anyway (it rarely admits to any errors). All other settings are correct. Thinking it could be the reading drive wearing out or some dll file or other corrupted.

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Problem appears to be solved. I changed the IDE cables over so that both disc drives are now running on the same IDE cable. This appears to have corrected the problem.