1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can not play movies or UMD games

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Seismicsi, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Seismicsi

Seismicsi Member

Hi All

Well sorry just dont know where to turn to but my PSP was a 2.71 running perfectly well. But once i used HEND and Devhook for 2.71 it was working without too much problem then when running a ISO file with UMB in it would not work. When latter coming back to play a movie which i could play before from the memory stick it said unable to play. So i did the usual re-boot of the PSP also took bat out then tried again still same problem. Then tried to play a UMD game. The Umd would come up in the game menue but the little screen which gives you a preview was all fuzzy veru similar to the HEND photo that is used when you run it from the photo menue. Once you select the game it tries to load and then stops. When UMD movies are played the screen just goes blank.

I have tried many things ie down grading to 1.5 then from 2.71 TA082 ( yes all went fine using HEND ) checked FW and said 1.5 ( this was not emulated which i have done with devhook 0.46 ). Then upgraded to 2.71 which does a reflash thinking this would cure all my problems but still the same. Did this a could of times. Then in the end tried downgrading to 1.5 then to 3.03 OE - C which i throught would definately sort this out still same problem. 3.03 looks like it works no problems so seems nothing wrong with the FW but a problem in playing any video content on memeory stick and UMD and can not play UMD games BUT i can play small demo games without a problem. It vey strange and i have spent quite a mumber of days tring to sort this out. can you help

2. Seismicsi

Seismicsi Member