1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can of compressed air - safe to use on electrical stuff?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by CaptChaos, Sep 22, 2003.

1. CaptChaos

CaptChaos Member

Hi

Just having loads of building work done & everything is covered in dust .... so far nothing has stopped working but once they've finished the dusty stage, is it safe to open up the computer & give it a few blasts of compressed air .... with regards to the dvd player & hi-fi, can I just open the cd tray & spray in there or do I have to dismantle them to get right inside?

Ty for any advice

Ian

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

The best for electronics and computers That I have used is a vacum cleaner attachment that is soft fibrous (long hair like things). Hopefully you know what I mean. I do open up the box and suck out all the dust and cob webs. Makes things last longer.

3. alxdotnet

alxdotnet Guest

I'd think so, if you are using relatively clean air. Stores like Radio Shack sell canned compressed air specifically for this purpose. I've found it works great, especially in spots where vacuum cleaners can't reach. The only thing to worry about with these cans is that they get really cold after awhile, and sometimes when you spray the cold air condenses moisture in the air, so the spray is wet--not good for electronics. This only happened to me as I was nearing the end of the can.