1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Only Burn Old DVD+RW

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Escolade, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Escolade

Escolade Member

Hello,

I have tried almost everything I could think of to fix this problem, and Googled for hours so hopefully somewhere here can help me. Ok here is the problem my Pioneer DVR-107 will not burn new DVD+RW what I mean by new is Unformatted now I have some of the exact same discs same spindle even that I burnt earlier and I can erase and burn to them again with no problem. It will write CD's with no problem and read DVD's with no problem. I think the problem is somewhere in Formatting the Disc I have used a few different applications from Nero to CopyToDvd and still none work. I have tried uninstalling the drive updating drivers different settings and speeds but nothing seems to work. if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Firmware...firmware...firmware...

3. sakmd

sakmd Member

escolade...

i have a dvr-108 and was actually was just checking the pioneer website for firmware updates for my drive. i came across your post and looked up your drive. here's a link to the page: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/article/0,,2076_4249_39099161,00.html

there's quite a bit of info - pdf documents, firmware update, etc. perhaps it may be of some help.