1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can only burn to DVD+R/RW Media

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jeffao, Jun 4, 2007.

1. jeffao

jeffao Member

I am using DVDShrink 3.2.0.15 and Nero Express 5.5. When I try to copy a DVD I receive the following message when DVDShrink checks the blank disk:

Media requested: DVD+R/RW

Media detected in drive: unknown

There is a blank disk in the drive but it is a DVD-R format. It used to work with DVD-R disks, but out of nowhere it started requiring DVD+R disks. Can anybody tell me why, did I change a setting without realizing it?

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

jeffao ,
    Welcome to the forum. What is the name and model # of the burner you are using. Is the burner's firmware up to date. What is the Brand name of the blank media you are using.

3. jeffao

jeffao Member

Thank you, I've been checking it out and this is a really nice forum. The burner I'm using is a BENQ, but I don't know the model # without pulling it out. I believe the firmware is up to date. I have tried all different kinds of DVD-R media, mostly Fuji which the Fuji DVD+R media works. It's the strangest thing just one day it wouldn't burn to the DVD-R format anymore.

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Yoou can D/L'd DVDinfoPro from here:

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

It will give you the info about the burner and your firmware. Also it will give you the MID code for the Blank Media you are using. Sounds like the blank media you are using is not that good of a quality and the burner does not recog the proper codes so that it will burn the files properly. You can also try cleaning the DVD lens on the burner by gently blowing canned air into the opening.