1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can only fit 3 500 mb vid's onto 1 cd-r??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by OptoPrime, Sep 11, 2004.

1. OptoPrime

OptoPrime Member

Ok, so im trying to burn several .avi's onto a dvd, but nero 6 will only let me put 3 vid's of about 500 mb each onto one disc? Im using nero 6 so it auto converts the .avi's to mpegs, but that shouldnt matter on the size should it? Am i doing it right, or do i need to download all those programs and convert the videos myself??

Thanks for the help.

2. OptoPrime

OptoPrime Member

Also, i tried buring a dvd last night but there was an error. I have an optorite dd1205 12x burner and i am using imation 4x discs. I just tried to burn a simulation disc but when asked to put in a blank dvd, it said this type of disc was not supported? can that be so? Also when I try to set the max speed of the player (2x 4x 8x max etc) there is only max? Is there a way to have it find the other speeds?

Thanks a bunch

3. OptoPrime

OptoPrime Member

Sorry, I meant onto one dvd-r.

also, bump...

4. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

Are you sure that your DVD Burner supports the DVD type you are trying to burn? I would try converting the AVIs yourself and see if it works. It couldn't hurt.