1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can only read copy on burner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SMP, Jan 16, 2004.

1. SMP

SMP Guest

Say's it all really - I'm a newbie so please treat me gently !

Using DVDDECRYPTER to decode DVD's then DVD2ONE to compress the resulting files.

Then using Nero 6 to burn the resulting files to a blank dvd-r. Using the UDF/ISO tab.

The burnt disc will not play in my stand alone player - Toshiba SD220 but will play OK on my PC.

I've asked other people to try the discs (3 attempts - 3 coasters so far !) in their stand alone players and they get the same error message - Check Disc.

I used to have Roxio 5 installed - does that leave files behind that Nero doesn't like ?

DVD burner is a NEC 1300A

Can anyone shed any light on a solution. Apologies if this has been posted before - I did have a quick look but couldn't see any reference to this particular problem.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

When you burn with Nero, are you sure your files are going INSIDE the VIDEO_TS folder. Players look for 2 files to start playback. AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Audio file stays empty, Video_ts should contain all your ripped dvd files inside it. I would also suggest you try DVDShrink version 3.12 which when done will automatically start Nero 6 to burn and put the files in the proper place. Burners will play almost anything, stand alones are picky as to what they play. Also make sure you are burning the right format media for your stand alones.(As in the + - factor)
    Jerry