1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can R4 brick your PSP?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Ph1l0, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Ph1l0

Ph1l0 Member

Im just wondering if you can brick your DS by using a device such as the R4.Just something ive been thinking about before i order one.

2. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

You might want to edit the title to reflect "DS" in place of "PSP".

As for bricking using an R4 - highly improbable.

3. Ph1l0

Ph1l0 Member

Lol yea dont know how too though but thanks for answering.I accidentally put PSP because im so used to hearing of only PSP's bricking but wanted make sure DS chances were slim.

4. kcajblue

kcajblue Regular member

yeah. you should change the thread name to say DS instead of PSP.
    the only way you can brick with an R4 is if you get some homebrew that purposely bricks the DS

5. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

you can brick your ds by putting in the R4 with NO microsd inserted and flicking it on/off quickly about 3x (i tried to brick my ds before, obviously). i believe it gets bricked because some of the firmware gets bypassed (the bypass i know of is you don't have to touch the health screen to continue) and then it tries to read new memory. to ensure that your ds doesn't get bricked, just make sure the R4 has a microsd inserted and that you don't flick on/off too fast.

now, who wants to confirm? i would, but i no longer have access to more ds lites.

to unbrick it, you'll need to do the memory swap trick (requires 2 ds's) and flashing. i recommend one learns soldering skillz and solder the correct points to ensure a proper flash (warranty is voided with either custom flashes or opening up the ds, so why not?).

the chances that you will brick your ds is extremely low under normal circumstances. so don't think about it and just get an R4 and microsd.