1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can some tell me how to copy a copy protected dvd.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pennfire, Dec 14, 2004.

1. pennfire

pennfire Member

could somebody give me some instructions how to copy a copy righted dvd to a blank dvd.

thank you for your time
    calvin

2. peterj76

peterj76 Guest

Yes...

My preferred method is. And is easy once u know how...

Play the DVD in your DVD drive for a few seconds to authenticate the DVD in your drive (maybe not necessary but I do it). Can be dne in any player.

Run DVD Decrypter.. I choose File Mode...then decrypt. This reads the entire DVD, strips the protection, and makes an identical set of VOB/IFO, but all the CSS protection removed. This is the key element of success.
    The size of this folder could be any where between 3 and 7Gigs dependng on the DVD your working on. NOTE: at this point, your decyypted disc folder will now work in any program that would typically cant work with a protected DVD

Once this is done. Import that folder into Nero Recode-2.

Nero will auto break the movie down into menu, main movie, bonuses, etc . Within this program you can easily eliminate certain soundtracks, and special features meaning u can just opt to keep MENU, MOVIE and Dolby 5.1 and get rid of the other crap

then burn

Thats my method of backing up original movies!

DVD Shrink can do the above 3 part process 4 u, but the above is very asy when u know how. I also love Nero recode 2

3. pennfire

pennfire Member

how do you know if you have nero 2? how do you import it to nero 2?

thank you 4 your time

calvin

4. pennfire

pennfire Member

how do you know if you have nero 2? how do you import it to nero 2? What if it is about 7,000,000?

thank you 4 your time

calvin

5. xxpc210

xxpc210 Guest

alright the easiest way to lay this down is to get DVD Shrink it is the best and easiest but when it comes to time DVD decrypter shows its stuff. With dvd shrink which you can get if you have bittorrent on www.suprnova.org or just a google search. You can easily insert a DVD it'll analyse it then click the backup button and it will "encode" same as taking the copyright off temporarily and then it burns it no changing of file.....Easiest Way...

6. pennfire

pennfire Member

how do you break down the menu chapter and audio of the movie?

7. xxpc210

xxpc210 Guest

you dont really after it analyzes it and gives you the subtitles and things you can edit them by taking them off but there's no need to do that and truthfully I don't know how even If I did
    AIM-XXPC210

8. peterj76

peterj76 Guest

OK.... Its important not to over complicate things....... I got used to the Decrypter / Nero Recode 2 combo....

To have Nero Recode 2, you MUST download NERO Package 2..It is a seperate package from the main Nero Burning ROM, and it's not included in the main pack. Getting this pack wll also get you Nero Vision Express 3 also.

If you decrypt a DVD using DVD Decypter as FILE mode, as I said earlier, you get a un protected version of the DVD in your output folder.

Your asked about recode2. Simply click the import button, point to the rip folder, and it auto selects and imports everything for you. You actually get to see a mini preview of the entire DVD as recode2 imports it.

MENU, MOVIE, BONUSES, will appear in seperate sub sections. dolby 5.1/DTS, foreign lanuage, and sbtilits, also apear as seperate entities which u have the control to eliminate or set an individual quality percentage.

If you rip is 7 GIG and your concerned you have to put the main movie quality down to 75%..... to fit on a 4.3GB DVD..

Try getting rid of some of the cast and crew interviews, german 5.1, and u might find u can then make movie quality 90%....

Note: you asked about audio
    When NERO imports the movie, it will list under MAIn MOVIE, if you click the main movie file, you can then see associated audo tracks...and chose to eliminate ones you dnt want. By Default Dolby 5.1 is automatically selected.

You asked re: chapter break downs. All the original chapter points and menu parts are preserved. If you want to be editing them thats another story...

Typically, If I remove a feature (ie a cast inteview) I keep the option in the menu, but substitute 200MB of unnecassary video with a 2MB Blank colour screen. That way, u dnt have to stuff around with menus, and it keeps the structure intact.

Hope this helps