1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone confirm that the Wiikey 1.9b recovery works After 3.1u update?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by fxskater, Nov 10, 2007.

1. fxskater

fxskater Member

I've been having loads of trouble with my wii/wiikey reading burned games, i have a whole different thread explaining what i did. What i am wondering now, is if the chip is dead for sure, or if its a bad wire or bad solder job. Soldering should be perfect, but it could still be a bad wire. The only way i can know for sure is if someone confirms for me that the 3.1u or 3.0u wii update (the one with SMG) does not stop the WiiKey 1.9b recovery disc from working. I need somebody that has the latest 3.1u update to try it for me please. I have tried everything to get that disc to work, waiting 5 minutes each time knowing it isnt supposed to look like it is doing anything. No burned discs are detecting and i dont wanna start soldering till i know i have too. Has anyone removed a WiiKey after soldering directly to the motherboard? Is it hard? I was thinking of eliminating the wires and soldering directly to the board, but i need to know that the 1.9b recovery disc works in 3.1u before i start soldering again. Thanks a bunch.

2. VGM

VGM Member

removing the chip from the board isnt that hard. If you use the short wire method you shouldnt have any problems. I had to do this when my Wii had to be shipped to Nintendo for repairs (yes I modded it, and removed the chip and they still fixed it for me)
    as for the 1.9b recovery disk im not entirely sure but I would think so because I have a 3.1U Wii and the 1.9b setup disk works fine for me.

As I said before im your other thread, if you want I can set up and fix your Wii for you. I even have an extra Wiikey chip that i can install if yours is in fact dead.

VGM out...

3. fxskater

fxskater Member

Sent you an email. My wiikey is dead and they will not give me warranty since i used 1.9g update disc.

4. abefarley

abefarley Member

Yea...I finally got the 1.9g update to work and I can finally play SMG. After installing that, should I still run the 1.9b update or are those features included in 1.9g?

5. VGM

VGM Member

from what i understand 1.9g is only a temp fix for those who want to play SMG. I dont believe it has all the updates 1.9b has. If im wrong someone please correct me.

and fxskater, what email did you addy did you use?
    Could you copy/paste what you said to my VGMStudios(at)ignmail(dot)com one!? Cause the main one isnt working! :(

thanks.

VGM out...