1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone explain to me how to run games from my new xbox harddrive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by gjsanford, Nov 28, 2004.

1. gjsanford

gjsanford Member

Hi I already made the evox boot disc..I am able to get to the format hard drive section. I also understand how to replace the harddrive. I already made a back up of C and E drives. I understand how to ftp my C and E back over to the new harddrive. I also understnad how to patch the xbox games and ftp them to my new hard drive. What I need to know is where should I ftp these xbox games too? Which partition? Also once I get them ftp to the new harddrive how should I run the games from the hdd? Is there a program that will do this? If someone could explain how do to this or give provide me a link that would be awesome. I already check xbox scenes and could not find the guide I needed. Thanks

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Send them to to your F: folder and make a folder called Games, so it should look like F:\Games.

Make sure that the games you transfer are in ISO format too.

3. gjsanford

gjsanford Member

Wow that is easy.. I already have them in Xiso imagine as I burned them to dvd-r.. So just make this folder on the f: drive them put the games in there in xiso imagine.. I am guess then I go to dashboard under games and they will be there right?

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

5. suki24

suki24 Member

it would be easier to just transfer the game straight from the pc(if thats not wat you're already doing)...

it doesnt have to be in iso format

6. gjsanford

gjsanford Member

Hi Guys

OK I install my new hard drive with no issues. able to ftp to the new h/d. I made a folder under the f:\ called "Games". I tranferred my xiso imagine over to the games folder on my xbox. I preferred this method as I already have all my games in xiso format and patched...When I go into dashboard under launch menu there are still no games showing up in the menu. Do I have to edit the evov.ini file or something. Again If there is a guide I don't find reading it.. I have just search every site I know of and can't find any info.. However if you feel nice you can just give me some ideas if you like :). Thanks for your help thus far

7. suki24

suki24 Member

seems like u didnt search hard enough..

its expalined in this site
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xenium-pinheader-evox.php

19.) Now that EvoX is installed and your modchip is updated to OS v1.1 we are going to add some programs. FTP into your xbox if your using the factory HD then you will be storing your Apps/Games on your "E" Drive if other wise I would install everything on one big "F" drive partition. So in your E folder right click and choose "make folder" name this folder "APPS" , still in the E folder make another folder called "GAMES" there is code in the evox.ini to pick these 2 folders up so adding any other folders will not work unless you change some code in evox.ini.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  8. gjsanford

gjsanford Member

LOL. It kills me that these forums are to help people then these is at least one person that always has something smart to say.. Never the less I figured it out so if anyone would like to know how you can respond to this post and I will help you out without giving you a smart reply. Thanks