1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can someone help a desperate newbie??

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mrsbehave, Apr 4, 2005.

1. mrsbehave

mrsbehave Guest

SOMEONE HELP PLEASE> My husband is in the army and leaving for Germany in less then 2 days and I am trying to send him with some dvd's. I downloaded the ASPI for WinXP and am now getting the error, " Found 0 compatible Host Adaptors." I have no clue what this means. Can anyone help??? Thank you

2. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

we need more details.
    what software are you using?
    what hardware are you using?
    etc

3. mrsbehave

mrsbehave Guest

I am using winXP, I am using a dvd driver that is compaq. I just bought it 2 weeks ago.I have AMD Sempron +3100 processor. I was given a disc that has dvd ripper and dvd shrinker on it. the dvd shrinker works just fine but when i try to burn the dvd onto a actual disc using the dvd suite or dvd decryptor it gives the error message of cannot initialise aspi then i downloaded the appropriate software(i thought) to read that and it gives me the error Found 0 compatible host adaptors. Someone told me to go back and restore setting to last week and i did so now I am back where i started with the original message as displayed above. I don't understand and am doing whatever anyone sayd to fix it. it seems like it's messing me up more. . . HELP!!!!

4. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

try dvdshrink (available here) it might fix it.... OR DVDDecrypter.. (both are free) they are on the downloads sections. they might sort out the required aspi layer bits

5. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Check out this site.http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/tutorial007.html
    go through the tutorials carefully,
    (I found printing a hard-copy the best way). Buy a few Re-Write discs', and you'll be burning dvds' in no-time.

happy burning,

gringle:)

P.S the Re-Write discs' save money while you're learning because you can reuse them over and over.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2005
  6. mrsbehave

mrsbehave Guest

thank you, I'll let you know how it goes.

7. camstuf

camstuf Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2005
  8. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@mrsbehave - sorry i got nothing to add over and above what the other posters have said, just had to comment on your sign-in name - excellent !

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005