1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can someone help me figure out what setup i have please?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dstxy, Jul 21, 2007.

1. dstxy

dstxy Member

hello all, i bought a modded ps2 with network adapter and 80 gb hd installed and loaded with games. im trying to figure out what i have so i can connect it to the pc and transfer games over to it, all i know is that when i turn the ps2 on i holdon to the L1 button until the matrix screen comes up then the software loads from the harddrive witht the list of games. i been reading guides on how to do this but im sot sure what i have, do i use hdloader or hdadvance or what or how do i run the hdl_server on the console or is it already running?. i tried to connect to it using the default ip address in the guide(192.168.0.10) but i couldnt get a reply, if its using a different ip address how do i change it?. the guy i bought the ps2 from told me if i hook it up to my pc, my pc will erase the hard drive and i wouldn't be able to play games on it unless he fixes it, is that true? please help

2. rdn98

rdn98 Regular member

I have never used hd loader before, and I am not sure if you can connect the pc to your ps2 and start connecting to it via a network.

HDloader is like 30-40 bucks. Search google.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

Depends on your chip, some chips have programs built in to run games from a hard drive like the DMS4 Pro SE, Others like the Crystal Chip V2.0 you can get programs for the chip that will run them.
    But the problem with the whole Matrix Infinity thing is that there are quite a few cheap clone chips that run on the old MI firmware, so you will see the Matrix name, and have a lot of the MI functions (at least the older one's) but you will not really have an MI chip, and upgrading the firmware on a non-MI chip will fry your chip.

You can always go to exploitstation and get the HD Loader memory card exploit and use it to run the hard drive, they will also have an exploit there called ExcelFTP which is an FTP server that you get so you can connect the PS2 to your PC and transfer stuff back and forth using either a wireless network (if you have an adapter and wireless router) or with a crossover cable.