1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone help me intall and run the Fastloader on my PSP?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Valisk, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Valisk

Valisk Guest

Hi im fairly new to this game, and i could use some expert help. Unfortunatly, my psp does not seem to be "stsndared".
    A friend of mine modded my psp so that i can now switch between kernels 1.50 and 3.03
    Also the layout of my files is confusing.

From left to right i have the files: DCIM, ISO, MISC, MP_ROOT, MUSIC, PSP, and VIDEO.

Inside the PSP File there are: COMMON, GAME, GAME 150, GAME 303, PHOTO, SAVEDATA, and SYSTEM.

Due to this layout i have been unable to follow any advice posted on this site, and i have tried countless times.
    I already posses an iso of "Final Fantasy Tactics The War Of the Lions" (it is in two parts) but it i remain unable to run it.

I have Fastloader v0.7.rar as well as the Fastloader - PSP Layout (which is v0.5)but have no idea where to put them. If someone could help me with this i would be very gratful.

Also, i know this post is somewhat long, but as my first one I wanted to be as thorough as possible ;)

2. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

Get a custom firmware. And delete DCIM those are for cameras. U or u friend most have put the MS into a camera of some sort.

3. Valisk

Valisk Guest

Mr. Moogly.
    thank you for your response to my post. I will try to do that, but where do you suggest that I go? And also, what firmware should I try to get? ( I know there are literally thousand) If possible I would appreciate any assistance you could provide me with installing said firmware .

If I get another custom firmware, will the one already on my psp be deleted or do i have to delete it beforehand? If so how?
    In the end, i don’t really know what im doing, but i know what i want my psp to be able to do, and i can follow instruction, so......please have patience with the ignorant!!!

4. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

5. Valisk

Valisk Guest

Mrgooey,
    ok, i just downloaded the “m33update4” courtesy of Dark_Alex. Im gonna try to install it myself, but seeing as how i will probably fail, please post some instructions for me...thankx so much.

Also, i have no idea what Sicdude is trying to say.....im a noob after all. Ill study the Noobz post later, sigh.

6. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

the link is to a guide for installing cfw if you search you find them lol

7. Valisk

Valisk Guest

Thank you Sicdude, im trying this now.
    Heres a question, what the heck do i do with these .rar files?!?
    i have an iso of Final Fanasy Tactics War of the Lions, but i thought it was supposed to be in a folder or something, but its an .rar file! If i ever manage to get my psp running (with help from the elite of course) i still wont know hat to do.
    Please give suggestions.

8. Yawnzzz

Yawnzzz Guest

Make sure the .rar file u are talking about is really a .rar file.It may very well be an ISO just that it is associated with Winrar so it looks like an .rar file.

9. Valisk

Valisk Guest

Do ISO game files end in .cso?
    If so, then that Winwar link was a great help!!
    If not, then i'm even more confused...

10. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

a cso is a compressed iso you can play those on a modded psp to :)

11. Valisk

Valisk Guest

THANX SO MUCH!!!!
    Look you apear to be online now so do you have yahoo messenger?
    If you do let me know and we can go there and you can help me get this strait online if you dont mind.
    And if you dont....welll....then please get it and let me know when you do. (Its free)