1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Someone Help me w/ Swap Magic (Not regular dumb noob stuff)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by SpankyJ, Apr 9, 2005.

1. SpankyJ

SpankyJ Regular member

Ok... ive been searching for like 2 weeks on this... This is weird... Ok... I can burn the games fine, they load and everything, but its the DAMN LOADING Speed... oh my god its so horrible. I use DVD Decrypt to copy it to my HD then use ALchol to burn it to the DVD. My PS2 loads it up and then it just has a 3-5 times longer loading time, the FMV's skip around and sometimes freeze if i try to watch them. Ive cleaned my lens, ive tried to adjust the lense, but nothing seems to work. The lowest Read Speed i can get is 2.4x and the lowest burn speed i can get is 2.4x i think.. or was it 2.0. Either way... I heard of programs that can edit files off the DVD to make it a smaller sized game and help load speed...? That would be a good solution too i guess, just dont know where to start to look into it. Also... Maybe its just... nah i have no idea its starting to get really frustrating, I just throw the games away now for some reason.. anyone found any solutions to fix a problem like this? Either get it faster loading speed or the programs to make the game smaller...

2. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

do originals play ok?

3. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Use good media.
    I use verbatim(mcc) and fujifilm(yuden)
    Some ps2 games run better on +r discs also.
    I use dvd ddecrypter to read and burn and burn at 2x MAX speed.

Good luck :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2005
  4. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

A couple things can be causing this. One DVD Decrypter both reads and BURNS. There is no reason for you to copy it to the HD with one program and burn it with another. Use DVD Decrypter for both. Second, you may be burning too fast. Two ways to fix this problem: Buy slower media. Discs that can burn up to 12x or 16x, the slowest they can burn is 4x, but by buying discs that can only burn up to 4x max will help, because they can be set to 1x, which may be the best speed to burn, and two, set the burn speed in DVD Decrypter to 1x, that way it burns that speed. And lastly, your media that your using to burn to may be crap. I reccomend downloading a program called DVD Identifier. This program identifies who is really making your blank media, and then allows you to go on the web and view reader reviews on that type of disc on how well they playback in consoles, DVD players, DVD-Roms, etc. If your media is bad, you need to try another kind that works better in your PS2. Expensive isn't always better either, so I am not saying you have to spend more money, but you need to find a media that works good for you and stick with it, don't change everytime you buy a spindle - alot of people run into problems when they do that.

5. SpankyJ

SpankyJ Regular member

My originals play fine, never had a problem...

I only have DVD+R/RW Burner.. cant do DVD- ... anyways

My DVD's is max 4x but lowest i can go is 2.0... The reason i dont use DVD Decrypt to burn to the CD is because it always seems to want to mess up... like the buffer stops before disc is at 100%, like at 99% which ends up messing it up... bleh. Uhm, if any of you can help me just post... i am sure others have had this problem and fixed it. Anyone got any suggestions for a good type of Blank DVD+R that will work? Thanks

6. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

That could be another thing, some PS2's won't recognize +R discs, some will barely, and some will play them just fine. It depends on what version PS2 you have. I reccomend using -R discs because they can be rcognized by all versions of PS2, but obviously you can't do that, you also can't burn at a slower speed (which is probably the biggest problem). The only other thing I can suggest is buying a dual format burner (one that burns both +R and -R discs) that burns no faster than 8x. You may also want to uninstall DVD Decrypter, try downloading the newest version, reinstalling it and trying it again.

7. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Really you don't have to uninstall decrypter. Just open it, click on "Help", then click on "Check for updates". And also it would be a good investment to pick up a new burner that's on sale. - R media would probally be easier on your ps2. Good luck.

8. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

sounds to me like its just bad media, probably because your using +r (which NEVER works in my ps2) also i never burn with dvd decrypter either because it often just freezes up half way and wastes a disc, i always burn with alcohol with no problems.

9. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

Yup, burning too fast and crap media.