1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone help me?????

Discussion in 'PS2' started by maani27, Mar 21, 2007.

1. maani27

maani27 Member

i downloaded UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 and it was a rar file. When i try to extract the iso file i get an error saying
    Not enough space
    "only Ntfs supports files larger than 4gb"
    please help me
    how do i get my iso file out to burn it

2. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

umm, i think the msg when extracting refers to the space on hdd needed to extract.

so if the imageinside the rar is 4gb.
    as a rule of thumb i would say u need 4gb of space where u r trying to extract to, and 4gb temp space on which ever drive the program (winrar) uses for temp directory
    (usually c:\mydocumentsandsettings\"user"\lecalsettings\temp - i think)

im guessing u r low on space in c: perhaps? not enough room the the temp file.

as usual anybody plz correct me if i m wrong.

3. maani27

maani27 Member

Well...I am trying to extract the file in my D drive which has 22GB space free...and the WINRAR is installed in my C drive which has 11GB free.....

4. steimy

steimy Active member

what it refers to is that you have a FAT32 file system on your hard drive. It has a 4GB file limit. You need to switch it to NTSF file system to get rid of the limit. This can be done without losing any of your current information. Just search the net for FAT32 to NTFS and you will find some guides.

5. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

Hey steimy I just wanted to know whether if I convert my FAT 32 to NTFS will it still run all my apps as they did before and will i have to re-install Windows XP?

6. lanepwnu

lanepwnu Regular member

no your apps will be gone unless you backup somewhere else like your d drive cause you said there was room there and you will need to format the c drive to fat32 then copy all apps from d drive to c drive then format d drive to fat32 then you can copy! if c drive is already fat or fat 32 then only format the d drive

7. steimy

steimy Active member

the way i read, you will not lose any information, so they should still work fine since XP can run either file type, My XP systems all run NTFS file systems.
    Converting to NTFS Using Convert.exe
    A partition can also be converted after Setup by using Convert.exe. For more information about Convert.exe, after completing Setup, click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER. In the command window, type help convert, and then press ENTER.

It is easy to convert partitions to NTFS. The Setup program makes conversion easy, whether your partitions used FAT, FAT32, or the older version of NTFS. This kind of conversion keeps your files intact (unlike formatting a partition.)

read this guide, it is very simple.
    http://www.ntfs.com/quest3.htm

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  8. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

Thanks! (X 5) that is just what I needed steimy.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  9. steimy

steimy Active member

no problem-o man. I have seen the question many times before and knew just what to search for to get a quick link.