1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone help with Graphics Cards?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Haunts, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Haunts

Haunts Member

Hello there,

I'm looking to upgrade my Graphics Card, at the moment its a GeForce 4. I'm looking for some recommendations? Oh and i haven't got any PCIExpress slots either, I've seen a 7800GS is this any good:

Pentium 4
    1GB Ram
    Columbia 2 Motherboard
    Imedia 5094

Is there anything else you might need to know?

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

A 7800 will do fine... Dont expect to play newer games (Crysis) on very high though...

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It depends what you're doing with the pc. If you want to play recent or top titles, while the 7800GS may handle them fine, the rest of your PC may very well hold it back. If you're going to play Crysis, Call of Duty 4, Stalker, and demanding games like that you'll need to replace your motherboard, CPU and RAM as well.
    If it's a premade Packard Bell PC (this goes for any brand though) it'll have a very low rating power supply in it, which means if you buy that new card you may have power issues (which can be very bad), so whichever way you go you'll need a new power supply as well. Don't buy any old cheap power supply though or you'll make the situaton worse. Get a well made one from companies like Antec, Thermaltake etc.