1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone help.....

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by M_C_143, Aug 24, 2002.

1. M_C_143

M_C_143 Member

My question concerns the burning of DVD+R disks. I recently bought a hp dvd writer dvd200e. I then used Disk Decrypter to make an archival copy to my hard drive of a DVD that my son plays constantly.

Disk Decrypter removed the encryption and the movie now can be played from the copy residing on my hard drive.

My question centers on the fact that I cannot seem to produce a playable copy of the movie onto DVD+R. I shall totally forget using Roxio since it does not even see the new HP. When I try to use the latest version of NERO to produce a playable video DVD it says that I do not have the proper .IFO and BUP files to do so.

Is there any way or any software that will produce these IFO and BUP descriptor files from the VOB files that Disk Decryptor produces?

2. wodsoa

wodsoa Member

Unfortunately, I am having the same problem it seems. I too have an HP DVD Writer, and unable to play DVDs that are produced in DVD Decrypter.

Is there any way around this? Thanks.

3. malum

malum Regular member

You need Ifoedit, and there are tutorials all over the place on how to use it.
    It will produce new IFO files for the movie.
    If Nero still refuses to burn the disc then don't use the DVD video option. Use the DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO)and untick the joliet check box under the ISO tab and anything that is checked in the relax restictions section.
    You will need to create VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders on the DVD unless you already have the movie in these folders on the hard drive.

The other option is to make an image and burn that, but I've never tried that (haven't had to)

If your movie plays as it should in IFOedit it should burn fine

4. wodsoa

wodsoa Member

Briefly,

I have taken a 4.7 meg DVD and made an image file through DVD Decrypter...from there, i burnt it to DVD-r, and it doesn't load.

I have taken another DVD, and made a direct copy from my dvd player to my dvd writer, and it works perfectly fine.

This is my issue.