1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone please answer this-What is honestly the best way to use swap magic disks on PStwo?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by XSamuraiX, Feb 22, 2005.

1. XSamuraiX

XSamuraiX Member

I've looked around and im sick of asking everyone. These boards are very slow and if possible i'd like a simple answer. What is the best way to use Swap Magic disks to play backups on the PSTwo. I've looked at ps1 fliptops, slim tools, ghost switches, and i'd just like a good answer. Which way do you reccomend and if you know, can you please get me to a tutorial or some instructions? Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

2. pretense

pretense Regular member

Cheapest (because it's free): Tape mod (though I recommend tissuing the front sensor instead of taping it). I use this myself after I stripped the head on one of the tray screws trying to install the fliptop.

Best purchaseable (if you want to guarantee not voiding the warranty): Slim tool -- though some people have difficulty fitting in part C, from what I've heard.

I also hear you can't close the lid with the magic/ghost switches; to me, that is unfathomably bad. Dust + disc drive = inexcusable. The fliptop works fine; however, like the tape mod, it requires opening the case, which may/may not void the warranty even if you use the sticker as a hinge. Why? Because it creates a crease in the sticker, unless you are exceedingly careful. Plus, some incautious people have actually managed to break things by opening the case via brute force.

To be honest, all of them work the same way, by depressing the two lid sensors, so they all work equally well. It's just a matter of price, and whether you're keen on keeping the warranty intact for certain. As for tutorials, you should be able to find them wherever you purchase your product in question.

It is my personal opinion that the fliptop is rather cheap-looking and overpriced -- but having said that, I still need to find a way to get rid of mine! Heh. If anyone needs a PStwo flip lid, feel free to PM me with an offer.

3. JspOt

JspOt Member

I bought the Magic Switch then found out I could'nt close the lid so I used the tape mod on that one sensor and it has worked great so far. Here is a tutorial...
    http://www.jspot.net/ps2.htm

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I'm guessing the slimtool for most people. You don't need to leave your top open and you can easily remove the mod if/when a recognized boot is required. Not too sure about the fliptop yet.

Of course, i use the trusty 'tape mod' myself. Works perfectly for me since i did it, cost me nothing, and it was up and running in like 3 minutes.